Monday, November 30, 2009

Still here

Sorry for being more than quiet here, (try non existent!)

It’s just that I’ve been having such a fantastic time here in Oz, I‘m trying to make the most of being here.

Not to mention the weight loss has taken a back seat while I’m here.

I’ve got a week left before I’m plunged back into the cold land of the UK and reality, so I‘m trying to make the most of it.
If only the rain would stop!!

In some ways I could totally move back here, and fit into my old life so easily, and in other ways I can’t wait to get back to the UK.

I’ve definitely enjoyed having my car again.

It’s just so easy to get places, none of this waiting for a bus that never comes.
It’s also useful in getting to the gym, and pool, and anywhere else I want to get to.

I think I’ve managed to do more exercise with the car than without, which surprises me.

There’s no excuse why I can’t go half way across town to the gym, when it takes less than 10mins in the car and you’re there!

I love the outdoor lifestyle you get in Australia., I miss it.

I’ve been trying to make the most of it as much as I can, getting out there and enjoying the sunshine, since that‘s almost non existent in the UK.

There’s this walk I used to do all the time when I was living here.
It’s about a 7km round trip around the Nepean River and the scenery is so stunning especially this time of year.


It’s just beautiful at the moment, with the smell of jasmine in the air, and the beautiful purple jacaranda's, almost everywhere you look .

It just screams Spring!

Not to mention getting out in the Blue mountains, and stomping through the bush (my second home!)


I love walking amongst the native plants, the UK has nothing on a Banksia!

I’ve spent heaps of time reacquainting myself with old haunts, and I love it.

Another thing I can’t get enough of is summer fruits. Yum

They’re definitely something I always took for granted when I was living here.


Fresh cherries warmed in the sun, strawberries that give your tastes buds tiny little orgasms when you bite into them, juicy watermelon on a summers day, and not to forget mango’s..
oh how I’ve missed thee.

I’m not looking forward to leaving next week, but at the same time It’ll be good to get back to reality and into a routine again…

Not to mention having money coming in as opposed to going out in droves!

1 comments:

Kate @ Loving Life said...

Sounds like you're having a lovely time. I'm loving the summer fruits atm too. Safe travels home miss! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com