Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's been awhile

What can I say...

Remember that goal of going without chocolate for the 6 week challenge that I had?

I made it a few days...

It kind of came crashing down when multiple 1kg boxes of chocolates hit the department...

Seriously, you try to avoid those tiny, tempting little packets of foil, especially when you're having a shocker of day!

I'm not giving up on it completely though, I'm going to try again in the new year.


Yesterday was my last day in Leeds.

I'm actually really sad that I'm leaving them.

It's the longest job I've had in the last 3 years, and I loved everybody in their own way.
It's definitely been a week of social outings, & catching up with everyone before I go.
I did try choose the healthy option most of the time.
Though there was a fair amount of booze flowing last night, too many free drinks from people (not that I was complaining!).

And I left in style...

By falling bum first out of a car!
(I'm all class!)

Needless to say, I don't recommend having to pack when you're hungover, it's not a very pretty sight.

But I managed to pack my life of 2 years into my pack, and a small carry on & boy was it heavy!

I even got the whole tingly sensations down my arms after about 30mins of carrying it, which can't be good.

I have to say though carrying a heavy pack around for a few hours, definitely makes you realise what being overweight is doing to your body.
Everything is immediately harder to do, a short walk, standing still, climbing a short flight of stairs, going through train doors (though that may have something to do with all the other bits and bobs I was carrying), even picking something up off the ground is near impossible.

Being overweight is like having to carry that pack around, day in and day out, never being able to put it down.

I'm off back to Oz tomorrow night, and while I'm not planning to be 100% good while I'm home. I can't wait to get back to my old gym, and go swimming at the beach/pool. So hopefully things will even each other out.

See you on the flip side!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com