Wednesday, September 30, 2009

25 reasons I hate being fat

I’m going to jump on Kristy’s bandwagon here, because I'm totally not original! :O)

  1. I hate the way my shirt clings to every protruding lump
  2. I hate how I always feel self conscious. Like everyone around me must be looking at me and thinking “wow, how huge is she".
  3. I feel the need to constantly try to prove myself (like at work, I work twice as hard as everyone so it doesn’t look as if the fat person’s slacking)
  4. I hate the way I have to avert my eyes from the mirror when I get out of the shower
    I want to be able to look in the mirror and like what I see
  5. I hate being asked “when are you due?”
  6. I hate the way I look naked
  7. I hate the way my ass strains to get free from the confines of my ever shrinking jeans
  8. Every time I get on a plane, I pray that the seat belt will fit, and I won’t need to get one of the extension bits.
  9. I hate the way my undulating waves of excess jiggle when I walk.
  10. I think about my weight ALL the time
  11. I hate the way I look in swimming costumes... (I love to swim, but I really feel or those that have to see me in one)
  12. stretch marks, Yuck!
  13. I hate having my picture taken at a certain angle, and when I'm not paying attention.
  14. I hate that I never feel sexy anymore, and wonder how anyone could find me attractive
  15. I hate being surrounded by skinny girls that complain about being to fat.. seriously go eat a cheeseburger or something!
  16. I hate being in denial about who/what I've become
  17. I dislike not feeling comfortable in my own skin anymore
  18. I hate feeling ugly and un-attractive (not that I make an effort these days to make myself presentable)
  19. Sleeveless Shirts
  20. That awful feeling when you start to get chafing of my inner thighs on a hot day
  21. Button up shirts -they're just not made for people with excess cleavage
  22. I hate that I'm ALWAYS comparing myself to someone else
  23. The confinement of small bathroom stalls... not everyone is a size zero you know people
  24. Getting off a crowded bus- it's like a bulldozer in a field
  25. But most of all I just hate how being fat makes me feel

I have been on so many diets, tried so many things, so many times for so many years, it hardly seems that I have not done something about it.

If all it took to lose weight was to count calories or points, who the hell would choose to be fat?

Who in their right mind would choose a lifetime of self-hatred, trapped in a blubbery prison cell of their own making?

God I hate being fat.

Lucky that's all about to change

5 comments:

Kate @ Loving Life said...

Good on you Ali, there are lots of people behind you, who understand where you're coming from.

"Lucky that's all about to change" - Love it!

Kristy Burgess said...

Wow, Im shocked that people have asked you when you are due.

I think I've been lucky *touch wood* that I havent experienced any nasty comments from people about my weight.

Im ok with the seatbelt on the plane (it just fits), it's the armrests!

Ali said...

See I fly cheap-o airlines that have tiny seat belt anyway!
Come on they want people to pay to use the loo!

As for the asking when I'm due, It's only happened a few times.

I've been asked where I'm working now, by a ring in from the other hospital.

Though he'd heard of grapevine that michele the australian was pregnant, who he'd never met. so when he walked in and met me for the first time he put 1 and 3 together and got 5!
How many Aussies do you expect to be working in the depth of Leeds!

the wosrt bit was him trying to apologise over and over again, in front of people..
I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die, over and over and over again!

Anonymous said...

It is actually kinda simple for me, you have to decipher the times you usually binge eat and brush your teeth !! that way the food won't taste good. Or drink two bottles of water before eating each meal, and try to either eat a small meal every 3 hours or 3 "large" meals ! the most important thing is to take small steps. For example: to begin just control portions but don't count calories. and maybe walk for 30 minutes a day. After 21 days that will become a habit and you can move on to the next thing :)

Bettie Comerford said...

You're not the only one, Ali. As a matter of fact, I know someone who struggled for almost three and a half years trying to lose weight. BTW, what's with "Lucky that's all about to change"?

 
design by suckmylolly.com