Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Savoury vs sweet

For years I thought I had a sweet tooth, but lately I find myself craving crisps (chips) and other salty foods over sweet things.

I haven't really noticed a pattern to it.

It doesn't happen at any particular time of day, or night, & it tends to be carb heavy things that I go for, bread, cereal, crisps (chips) nuts, etc.

Not to say I don’t like baking sweet things, or staring at them through the clear glasses in a bakery.

Gleaming fruit tarts; tall, intricately-designed wedding cakes; adorable, pretty-in-pink cupcakes; dense and dark brownies.

They’re lovely to look at, but lately don't tempt me at all.

It's bizarre, I've noticed it more since I moved over to the UK.

Maybe I'm becoming more accustomed to their savoury ways.

After all a meal is not complete unless you've had a packet of chips...

Question of the day:

Are you a sweet or savory or combo?

3 comments:

Kristy Burgess said...

Both?! Hence why I am overweight.... :)

If I had to choose I'd say savory.

Unknown said...

Both.....
But I seem to lean to the sweet side a little more
It's probably 65:35

Kate @ Loving Life said...

I'm a both too, but like nicky I lean towards the sweet, if there's nothing sweet, savoury will do it - until I can get to the sweet! ;)

 
design by suckmylolly.com