Monday, September 28, 2009

The other half...

So I'm the other half of this awesome duo!

I like the background, kind of reminds me of hundreds and thousands, and cupcakes…

Not sure where the cupcakes come from… maybe I’m craving some after the nutter down the corridor just cooked some, isn't that just rude!

I can’t believe it’s been 6 weeks since we had this great idea to create a blog together… and yet here we are making our first posts…

We seriously Suck! :O)

As Kristy said, we’re both doing WW.

We’ve both had huge success in the past and lost a whole heap of weight with it.

I actually made it all the way to goal, only to discover a social life, among other things, and now here I am heavier than I ever was..

I’m completely disgusted with myself for letting myself get this big again.

It’s gotten to the stage where I just hate who I’ve become.

I’ve got no excuses, no one else to blame but myself.

I’ve been back on the wagon for a good 6 weeks now and lost 3.3kgs, I’ve had a few stumbles as I’ve tried to sort myself out.

I seem to go great guns for 3 weeks, then hit a snag or three…

This week just gone, I went to Slovenia.

It was amazing, and also one of the best destinations to go while trying to lose weight (well apart from the serving sizes which would rival that of America!) all the activities require copious amounts of energy.

There were walking, trails to hike, stairs to climb, boats to paddle, rafting, mountain biking, gorge to explore… you name it, they had it.


It’s the first holiday this year that I think I will have lost weight when I weigh in tomorrow (that and I have a sneaky peaky at the scales this morning! Naughty, naughty! )

Though there were things I would have loved to have done and didn’t, or would have loved to have done better.

  • Like swim out to the island in the middle of the lake and ring the bell for luck. ( It wasn't the swimming out there that bothered me, it was the fact that I'd have to walk around in my swimmers once over there... can't scare the locals, that would be cruel)
  • Rafting on what are meant to be the best rapids in the world (but the thought of squeezing my body into a revealing wetsuit, had me turning that option down in no time at all…No person should have to witness that, it'd be like stuffing tennis balls into perfectly good stocking)
  • We did a hike up one of the mountains to get postcard perfect view, it almost killed me, it was so steep all the way... (kind of what you'd expect though when you're climbing a mountain!)

Though I loved the feeling of accomplishment I had when I reached the top in one piece, the look on my face in the picture below says it all... (thank god that's over!)

I’d love to go back and do it quicker next time.

I'm also on my way home from the UK in just 6 short weeks for a visit...

I'd love to shed some Kilo's before then.

4 comments:

Kristy Burgess said...

Testing :)

Kate @ Loving Life said...

It happens to the best of us... good luck with your journey, there's lots of us back on the weight loss blog train at the moment, I look forward to following your story! K :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Comment work!

Seriously, next time you are on a holiday like that you have to do all those things you didn't let yourself do...trust me, as someone who lined up to get 6XL ski pants on a recent school trip, the experience overcomes the embarrassment!

Ali said...

Yay they work!

@ Beetricks- Next time I go back I'll be ready for it!

 
design by suckmylolly.com