Monday, September 28, 2009

Im a tad excited about being back in blogland :) Seeing your comments and Ali's post made me feel all happy this morning :)

As I mentioned, I've been back on the weight loss wagon for 4 weeks now.

Here's my stat's
Week 1: 2kg loss
Week 2: 1.6kg loss
Week 3: 100gm gain
Week 4: skipped weigh-in

This is a familiar pattern for me.... I guess this is the pattern I have been following for the past few years. After the skipped weigh-in, I tend to give up.

Usually I weigh myself on Saturdays. I was going to weigh this morning, but I couldnt find the tv remote control. I weigh in on the wii. Seems in my clean up over the weekend I've misplaced the remote... I shall search tonight and weigh tomorrow.

I thought I'd post a bit of background info tonight. I've been yo-yo dieting for the past 20 years. Im 32 yrs old. I've been overweight for about 10 years now.

I've tried:
* Weight Watchers
* Jenny Craig
* Gloria Marshall
* Curves
* Fernwood
* Dietitian
* Intuitive Eating
* Calorie King
* Cohens
* CSIRO

I've read:
* If not dieting, then what
* Beyond Chocolate (IE)
* The clothesline diet
* CSIRO (anyone want to buy the latest book off me?)
* French woman dont get fat (and the follow up book)
* FAT is a feminist issue
* Does this clutter make my butt look fat?
* Fattitude
* The Jon Gabriel Method
The list goes on and on...

The only weigh loss methods I have been successful with are Weight Watchers (lost 20kg in about a year) and Cohens (lost 15kg in 2 months). Just thinking about doing Cohens again makes me want to binge...... It's so restrictive! So, it's back to Weight Watchers. I know it works for me :)

The things I struggle with are:
* being on a "diet"
* feeling deprived
* emotional eating
* all or nothing attitude

I guess I have a few things to work on!

That's me for today. Thanks for reading :)

5 comments:

Ali said...

I can't believe you didn't weigh in because you couldn't find the remote for the TV...
Best excuse ever! :O)

Just remember...
It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!

That quote always annoys me, but I always think of it when I'm starting a diet!

The good thing with WW is that you don't have to feel so deprived.. if you want something you can have it, a long as it fits in with your points...

ie. go ahead and enjoy that slice of mudcake... but remember that's worth 36hrs at the gym! :O)

Any one would think I have cake on the brain!

Kristy Burgess said...

Lol, I have no scales here. Found the remote though :)

Unknown said...

Ali I want to punch you for your lifestyle comment LOL LOL

All these posts are really starting to motivate me girls

But I'm off to get a muffin!

Ali said...

LOL @ nicky.. now I want a muffin!

Kate @ Loving Life said...

Looks like we've been struggling for the same amount of time. I think 20 years is plenty of time to live in a body you're not happy with huh? Lets shed it!

 
design by suckmylolly.com