Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Calling all old Weight watchers

Anyone out there have or remember the old weight watchers program?
I'm taking the pre Discovery plan, or whatever they're calling it in OZ.?

I'm talking 2001 style were there wasn't a quiz for how active you are in the day, there was just a weight range, and the number of points you were allowed.

I need to get my hands on a copy.

I've done the points quiz on the program over here a few times, and I still reckon they expect me to eat too many points.
Sure I love the extra goodies I can nibble on with my extra points, but I don't remember ever being on this many points before, even in my heaviest of days.

It's just not working for me

I just finished a 6 week mini challenge over at We are Slimming, and for a change I actually stuck to it, and lost 1.7kgs.
It's a loss, yes.
But not an impressive one.

Even having active weeks, with lots of incidental exercise and planned exercise, and eating well, the scales hardly budge much.
Everyone knows what kick to the motivation levels a small loss has, especially when you've given it your all.

I've varied my food intake through out the day;
eating more for breakfast and lunch, and less for dinner.
changed what I've been eating,
had smaller meals, more often
had larger meals less often.

nothing seems to change things

So I've decided I must be on too many points

I know the other system from back in the day works, I've proven it

So if anyone has an old copy of it lying around, do you mind emailing/posting the weight/points chart..

Otherwise I'll just have to dig out my old copy when I come back to visit in a few weeks..

Though I'm interested to see how many people like the older program better than the new improved one?

Anyone?


On anther note;

I've been banashied to the other hospital across town to work today, they're "borrowing" me.

The problem is I have no idea where this so called hospital is and how to get there....

wish me luck! ;o)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I sold mine on ebay for $300 sorry mate LOL!
Why not just follow how ever many you were on back then - or is this what you don't know? Hmmm
I'm on 21 now... My friend is on like 26 because she's a cleaner! Bah stop changing the bloody program

Ali said...

I think I have them tucked away somewhere back in Oz, I'll just have to dig them out when I'm back in a few weeks.

I get extra points too because my job is so active.

I think the UK version is pretty similar to the Oz one at the moment.

I think this week I'm just going to drop the points by 2, and see what happens then

Kristy Burgess said...

Why dont you just work out your points based on sitting on your butt all day (like me)?

How do you work out points values of your food?

Ali said...

I'm going to do that this week and see what happens.

I've got on of those points sliders, that change calories and fat to points, so that can be pretty useful

Jaime S said...

I'd reduce by one point each week maybe. Stick with it anyway.

I can't talk though I'm doing terribly at the moment. I think I've told myself I'm on a free reign until Australia.

 
design by suckmylolly.com