Monday, October 26, 2009

Spring into Summer Challenge - Week 1 results

My first week of the Spring into Summer Challenge is over, and the results are a 300gm gain. Considering how excited (I thought) I was about this challenge, I had a hard time actually starting it and making any changes.

I've decided I need to take this weight loss journey day by day to begin with, and set myself daily goals. Baby steps!

Today my goals were to do 10 mins on the exercise bike and to track my food in Calorie King. I've done both.

I decided to swap from WW to Calorie King for a bit. I need to focus a bit more on the nutritional side of my food, instead of just sticking to pts or calories. I've been bordering on having high blood pressure for a while now and it appears the boy has developed it also. So we both need to get serious and lose some weight. I like being able to track my sodium intake in Calorie King, hence the swap to Calorie King. I'll put a link over on side to my food diary on Calorie King for anyone interested.

Today's food:
Breakfast: nothing (slept in and wasnt hungry)
Lunch: footlong Subway club, with cheese and honey mustard sauce (skipped breakfast so thought I would use up the calories at lunch. Next time would stick to the 6 inch)
Dinner: chicken parmigana and salad
Snacks: apple, orange, Subway cookie, 1/2 Byron Bay cookie

Calories: 1,581/1,900
Sodium: 3,416/1,500

I did some quick research on suggested sodium intake and it's recommended to have around 1,500 to 2,000mg. Im aiming for the lower end.

My Subway had 2,500mg of sodium. OMG! Evil Subway!!


Here's a pic of my dog (just because) taken today :)

2 comments:

Ali said...

Fistly, how cute is your dog!?! seriously!

Bugger about the gain.

It's hard getting into it.
I've been at it 10 weeks now and still find it hard.
I'm taking it day by day and just trying to trick my body into responding.

I love subway, it's definitely one of my out and about lunches... never realised it was so high in sodium though.

Sweet onion sauces, kicks honey mustard though! ;o)

Unknown said...

Awwww hello Puppy!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com