Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekends

What is it about the weekend, that has resolve disintegrating like a chocolate cookie in a cup of steaming tea?

Is it the freedom of not having work to occupy your mind?
Or the fact you have more time to obsess over food?
More time to cook exclusive delicious things?
Or even just more occasions for temptation to bite you on the bum?

I struggled today.

It kind of started when there was a sale on Kit kats in the supermarket.

Not really bring a huge chocolate fan I don’t eat too much of it.

But this week there’s been a bit of the good old craving of some melt in your mouth chocolate.
Fuelled probably by the fact that I have a 1.1kg tub of delightful mini chocolates just sitting on my wardrobe, awaiting the joys of leaving this place.
I’ve been tempted to crack them open, after all no one would notice one missing.

But knowing me… would I stop at just one???

Most likely not.

So anyway while I was out picking up some milk and eggs, I picked up a strip of Kit Kats, 9 for a pound…
bargain!

They lasted a while sitting there on their own, before I cracked opened the packet.
Letting that delicious chocolaty smell escape.

I savoured the first.

Then I found myself calculating how many of the delights I could devour in one sitting rather than savouring a select few.

I wish I could say I my mission was a success and I walked away after just two, feeling thoroughly satisfied.

But alas, I did not.

Instead I ate until there was no taste, just texture and the sound of chewing, setting my thoughts to a soothing rhythm.

Why do I do things like that?

I’ve had such a brilliant week otherwise.

That’s it, I’m sewing my mouth shut, and eating through a straw!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com